City Dog Licensing
ATTENTION DOG OWNERS:
IN THE ClTY OF BRAINERD
Dog Licenses are Required in Brainerd
City Ordinance Requires:
- All dogs over 4 months of age, kept or harbored by their owners, shall be licensed and
registered with the City.
- No more than 4 dogs over the age of 4 months per household.
- Dogs are not permitted to run at large.
- Proof of rabies vaccination is required before licenses can be issued; no license shall be issued to a dog not vaccinated.
- Annual license fees are as follows:
- Spay or neutered dogs: $15
- Dogs not spayed or neutered: $20
- Other requirements of the Ordinance:
- All dogs must remain on owner's property or be under control on a leash no longer than 6 feet; each dog must have a collar to which the license is attached
- Owners must carry and use a plastic bag or "pooper scooper" when walking your dog
- Nuisance barking or howling will be monitored; Animal Control Officer will investigate
- Owners will be responsible for costs of impound
- Licenses may be purchased at the counter on third floor of City Hall or at HART animal
shelter, 15494 Dellwood Drive, Brainerd.
- Be kind to our animals... they provide unconditional love.
- Questions? Call Animal Control Officer 218-829-0991 or HART 218-829-4141
By Order of the Brainerd City Council